Durex was founded by LA Jackson in 1915 and was called The London Rubber Company. Durex has over 90 years of experience manufacturing condoms and for over 90 years we have been bringing couples together. Durex brand was registered in 1929. Durex is the No1 Condom Brand Globally and in Greece, and still standing for DUrability, REliability and Excellence.
Every single condom is the product of a process that’s tried and tested. That starts with the bare basics, all Durex condoms use the finest quality raw materials which is then tested electronically and Durex takes samples from every batch, inflate it with air to test their strength. All condom types are also dermatologically tested. Every single condom is electronically tested, to confirm freedom from holes, before being released for sale.
«We are pushing the boundaries every further on our product testing as we are constantly undertaking research projects – looking for new ways to improve our products or spotting new trends in sexual behavior that may lead to whole new product areas.»
That’s why millions of people across the world trust Durex every day!
- 1915 Founded The London Rubber Company was founded by LA Jackson, selling imported condoms and barber shop supplies.
- 1929 The London Rubber Company (LRC) registers Durex brand.
- 1950s Durex releases its first lubricated condom.
- 1953 Durex is the first brand to develop and use electronic testing.
- 1960s The world’s first anatomically shaped condom is released by Durex.
- 1970s Durex is the world’s first condom brand to advertise in many countries.
- 1990s Durex is the first condom brand to adopt a Global «seal of quality» as standard.
- 1995 Durex introduces a range of colored and flavored condoms.
- 1996 Durex is the first condom brand to launch a website. Now we have 42 different sites for the countries we market in.
- 1997 Durex introduces non-latex condoms: The Avanti Range, which uses a new non-allergenic material – synthetic polyurethane developed by Durex that is softer and more elastic than natural rubber latexin.
- 1997 Durex is the first condom company to conduct and publish a global surveyn.
- 2001 Durex introduces Pleasuremax: The ultimate pleasure condom for both partners, making Durex the first condom brand to market a condom that combines ribbed and dotted textures with shape, to maximize simulation for both partners.
- 2003 Durex launches an exciting range of Play® lubricants.
- 2005 Durex Network launches the Face of Global Sex reports that explore the aspects of human sexual behavior and are produced primarily to inform academics and policy.
- 2010 Durex supported the Condomize! initiative of The United Nations Populations Fund, at the International AIDS Conference in Vienna by donating 220,000 condoms.
- 2010 Durex is bought by Reckitt Benckiser.
- 2019 Durex turns 90! And this is only the beginning!
Deliver superior solutions, rooted in deep understanding of science of sex,
to really help everyone to…
• Enjoy the best protection against unwanted pregnancies and STIs
• Feel good about their first sex experience
• Be free from physical problems and emotional anxieties …so everyone can Feel good about sex and have sex that feels good.
You could find out more about Durex HERE